SCHOOL BUS PRACTICE EXAM
1. The danger zones may extend as much as _____ from the front bumper.
2. The first _____ of the danger zone is the most dangerous.
3. Which mirrors are located below the outside flat mirrors?
Outside left and right side convex mirrors
Outside left and right side flat mirrors
Outside left and right side crossover mirrors
4. Position 'Outside Left and Right Side Convex Mirrors' so you can see:
4 bus lengths behind the bus
As far behind the bus as possible
The entire side of the bus up to the mirror mounts
5. What mirrors are used to see the front bumper “danger zone” area?
Outside Left and Right Side Convex Mirrors
Outside Left and Right Side Crossover Mirrors
Overhead Inside Rearview Mirror
6. More students are killed _____ each year than are killed as passengers.
While getting on or off a school bus
Waiting for the school bus
Running after the school bus
7. When can you change the location of a bus stop?
When asked by a parent or guardian
When told by dispatch
When you have written approval
8. When approaching the stop, you should:
Count the number of students at the bus stop
Approach cautiously at a slow rate of speed
Contact your dispatcher and alert them of your location
9. When should you activate alternating flashing amber warning lights?
At least 200 feet before the school bus stop
At least 300 feet before the school bus stop
At least 400 feet before the school bus stop
10. Bring the school bus to a stop with the front bumper _____ from students.
At least a foot away
At least 5 feet away
At least 10 feet away
Back to Top